Recipe and Photo from Delish
Recipe and Photo from 24 Carrot Kitchen
*The longer you soak the cashews, the creamier your cashew cheese will be. If you don’t have a lot of time, try boiling water for 30 minutes. (It doesn’t need to be on the heat the entire time).
1. Heat oven to 250* F. Line a baking tray with foil. I always add a drop of oil to the foil and spread it thinly with a spatula.
2. Slice the eggplant length wise into 4 sections. Lay on the baking sheet.
3. Combine the soy sauce, sweetener, and olive oil in a small bowl and drizzle over the eggplant. Bake in the oven for about an hour, until eggplant is cooked but not soggy or soft–this makes them hold up, like sandwich bread.
4. In the meantime, blend the cashews, nutritional yeast, miso, vinegar, and sea salt together to make the “cheese.”
5. To assemble, lay the flat eggplant piece down (from the center of the eggplant). Layer with kale and tomato slices, and other veggies as desired (mushrooms, avocado, carrots, beets, etc). Add cashew cheese. Finish by topping with the rounded eggplant piece. Repeat with the other sandwich.
Recipe and Photo from Peaceful Dumpling
Recipe and Photo from Paleo Grubs
Recipe and Photo from Cookies to Kale
Recipe and Photo from Saveur
Recipe from The Kitchn